20100812

"you're drunk. yes but you are ugly & in the morning i shall be sober" ...unless you stay up till 8am drinking STAG.



I think more blogs should be like this! (big thank to Ayana for this exquisite heads up)

I MISS YOU CALIFORNIA QUEEN


It is time! For another musical update! Because you know you have nothing better to do with your time than read this...


N.B. I actually began writing this post weeks ago so this music may be a little out of date for those finger on the pulse type fellows & lasses but whatcha gonna do. Nothing. And I'm going to continue having lots of summery fun :)


Lets start with this Brooklyn band who go by the name of Sleigh Bells. Signed to M.I.A's Neet Recordings, it's clear there's some influence from the Born Free queen herself. Not always a bad thing. I have a lot of time for Infinity Guitars, dare I say, it conjures memories of Lenny Kravitz's Amercian Woman. No? Just me then. Their album Treats was out on May 11 but with their single Tell Em riding the Radio 1 airwaves, Sleigh Bells seem to be pathing the way for a promising new sound of anarchist electroclash after a a run in with a citreon saxo rudeboy.

Intriuiged? Well you can listen to 5 of their tracks here.

If you really like them you can buy Treats from here!


Let's split up the music essays with a video extravaganza...
GRANNY BREAK-DANCING. (go on. click it. you know you can't resist)
I think i have a thing for the whole "im still 18 in my head" pensioners. wait. who doesn't?

DJ Ruth Flowers. You GOD.



I want to be just like you when I grow up :)


Heard this before?? Sound of Stereo - Metric (spend some pennies)
You may have but if not your musical journey of pleasure begins right now!

Myspace / SoundCloud


Ok so this next one would have to booty shake, head nod, shoulder shuffle, arm twist and foot tap dance all at once!
It's Mustard Pimp - Telesiege


Always on form and a dab hand at remixing too Mustard Pimp certainly never looks out of place amongst the fellow producers of the quality rich DIM MAK Records.

errr. sexy.
Assiah Alcazar Martin


This next one excites me. I made a CD for my car & forgot that this was on it....when it kicks in. oh my. I nearly ran down an old dear. Not deer. It was in the middle of Rugby for christs sake.

Myd & Sam Tiba - Next Novel

I also have a lot of love for his track Barbie Weed which you can listen to on his myspace. Hiiii!

Myspace / Soundcloud


This next one's not you're usual Coco..Electro filth but we all need a bit of a scrub up every now & then...or just a rather catchy song.

Flight Facilities - Crave You

this remix is also rather suitable for aural enjoyment.

Flight Facilities - Crave You (Dom Bird Remix)

" i walked into the room dripping in gold"



Lovely jubbly



I have now decided though. Less long & inconsistant posts. More regular tit bitty ones :) My life is far too spontaneous these days!!

I love you all so much. I'm off to the land of nod.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheers for the comment me dears!